View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 02:06 PM   #323
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Delivering the opening address of the two-day conference on Thursday, Orbán called Hungary “the bastion of conservative Christian values in Europe,” and urged U.S. conservatives to defeat “the dominance of progressive liberals in public life” as he said he had done in Hungary.

I like his suggestion that U.S. "conservatives" should defeat the dominance of progressive liberals in public life. I think that's called "politics." Progressives and Pete F want to defeat any dominance that "conservatives" have in public life--I assume Pete is good with that--but would consider it to be very fascistic if "conservatives defeat the dominance of Progressivism in our public life.

“We have to take the institutions back in Washington and Brussels,” Orbán said. “We must find allies in one another and coordinate the movements of our troops.”

Back from who? Oh, yeah, from Progressives who have taken control of the institutions. Pete probably thinks by "troops" Orban meant actual military, like an armed "insurrection." I'm pretty sure Pete would prefer that the Progressives continue to dominate and control the institutions.

The Associated Press and other international news organizations were not granted accreditation to cover the CPAC meeting in Hungary despite making multiple requests over several months.
Poor victims. Somehow, without them, the conference is being covered and reported on, even by far left rags. The Republicans did persuade Orban to allow CBS to cover it. But too many fake news orgs. would be unseemly.