View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 09:22 AM   #148
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And when my company moved to regional offices in Tx and were looking for people to staff the office they said don't expect the same raises. Goldman Sachs said if you leave NY don't expect a NY salary.
i’m familiar with regional salary adjustments. and at every company i’ve worked at, it was assumed
that the extra money to live in the northeast, was nowhere near enough to compensate you for the higher cost of living.

Everything is more expensive in CT. taxes, car taxes to the town ( which doesn’t exist in many places) has taxes, utility rates, groceries, UCONN, almost every aspect if life is more expensive. the cumulative additional
cost over a lifetime, is astronomical.

And we both know, that as boomers retire and the state is paying those pensions, taxes will go way up. The penalty to live here cannot fail to increase over the next 20 years.

And i have no idea what we get for that money. Our roads stink, our cities stink, UCONN is expensive for a public school.

I work for a huge huge company. Every CT employee could
move to NH and keep the same salary. So how would
i be wrong, if i said it’s harder to accumulate wealth in CT than it would be in NH?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device