Thread: Can I shoot?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #13
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
When everybody has a gun , almost everybody leaves theirs in the holster.

There are some very stupid things you can do in this world. Walking into a a cave where a bear and her cubs are living. walking through tall grass between a lion and her cubs. Breaking into a house with a human and her baby in it while she has a shotgun in her hands.
Absolutely! These POS's were expecting an easy home invasion after reading about the young, single mother who is now home alone. I guarantee that they wouldn't have considered going for that house if they thought she might be armed. Because I travel out of town so much, this is exactly why I require my fiance to know how to access and use my pistol. One home invasion and a number of break-ins recently in our area - you just never know.

This reminds me of the jogger in FL that was mugged in a park and he killed the mugger. People were quick to blame the jogger with things like "why would he be out jogging with a gun?" Well, the dead criminal made the mistake of thinking the exact same thing.

In the wild, animals instinctively know not to go after other bigger animals. Well, these "Urban animals" are no different. They are opportunistic, attacking the weak and vulnerable. All these scumbags are tough guys when they are carrying a knife or gun... until one is pointed right back at them.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote