View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 05:11 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"a c-section for an early delivery of a non-viable fetus is still an abortion"

I'm pretty sure that this is false. It's not an abortion, unless the intent is to prevent a living baby from being born. If you do a C-section and attempt to keep the baby alive, but the baby dies anyway, no one would call that an abortion.

"The New York law does not allow women to have 35 week I’m-so-bored abortions"

The hell it doesn't. Is the author a lawyer in addition to being an obgyn? A woman can say "I'm stressed, I have anxiety and depression because I changed my mind". And that can be enough.

This pompous author goes on and on about misinformation, and only medical doctors have a clue what they're talking about. If that's true, where does he/she get off interpreting the NY law, unless they are also a lawyer?

Everyone else is stupid except whoever wrote that, I guess.
A woman can do it with a coat hanger also with or without a lawyer or doctor.
If you have such concern about the unborn, a focus on making the great majority unnecessary by providing better options and hope would be far more effective than worrying about the few extreme examples.
Wealthy people will always have access to clinical abortions like Cohen purportedly arranged for Broidy to pay for.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin