View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #18
Liv2Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamie View Post
Just took a quick look st some of these regs. Assuming these are all for inland waters. My god. They just keep going on and on and on. Says you can use herring on the Connecticut and Merrimack river. Humm. Thought there was a ban on that. Seems things over lap and keeping up with this requires a Harvard lawyer. Geez.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
It is quite extensive and last updated in 2014.

MA inland water eels are regulated by the MDFW and the only direction is in CMR-321-4.03, which says they are off limits. MA coastal waters (including brackish) eels are regulated by the ASMFC. In MA you need a SW fishing license and in most towns, eels are regulated under the shellfish regulations and a town shellfish license is also needed.

Assuming the demarcation between fresh and salt is the first bridge in a river (which I've heard but can't find in the regs), which in my area makes the easy access but inconspicuous spots very limited, and the need for a shellfish license or even out of town shellfish license, it's probably not worth doing for me. No wonder They're $2 per for selects.

I'm still searching for regs that ID the demarcation between fresh and salt and how many pots you are allowed and if there any specifics regarding opening size, etc. I will post what I find.

Last edited by Liv2Fish; 12-02-2018 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: ADD INFO

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
Liv2Fish is offline   Reply With Quote