Thread: Barr testimony
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #104
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The DoJ is supposed to be impartial Jim, spying is a loaded word and it was used intentionally for partisan gain. His entire testimony was intended for partisan gain, not to promote justice. The brazen nature of it all is really shocking.

About the only reasonable thing the senate Republicans have done on this issue is subpoena Trump Jr. Case closed!
"spying is a loaded word "

For Gods sake, read the definition from the Webster dictionary that I posted. I'm sorry that Trump was correct when he said he was spied on. I'm sorry everyone on your side looks foolish for saying he was lying. I'm sorry that the Webster definition absolutely supports the way Trump and Barr used the word.

Last month, if I told you that surveillance was far different from spying, you'd have laughed at me.

Spying on someone, means secretly gathering watching them to gather intelligence. That's the common definition. If that bothers you now for political reasons, then the problem is your politics, not everyone's common understanding of the word.