View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #19
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Ok, so can you at least agree that disaster aid to farmers will be impacted if the bill isn't passed? I haven't seen anything that indicates that, the Senate should have passed and the President should have signed the Emergency Relief passed in the House if they really cared about the victims That is a contradiction to the first article you quoted. It didn't say there is none...80% Food Stamps and bunch of pork leaves " almost nothing in the farm bill " I will agree that there is a ton of money in food stamps. brilliant! You prefer the Romney plan to lower taxes for millionaires and reduce food stamps. I believe the validity of economics that says food stamps are good stimulus in a recesion.the best! "When Moody's Analytics assessed different forms of stimulus, it found that food stamps were the most effective, increasing economic activity by $1.73 for every dollar spent. Unemployment insurance came in second, at $1.62, whereas most tax cuts yielded a dollar or less."right, always cheaper to redistribute money through a massive bureaucracy than to let people keep it in the first place Food stamps: The struggle to eat | The Economist For comparison, the cost of food stamps over the next ten years is about the same amount of money as the Bush tax cuts.

I guess if we put every american on unemploment and food stamps the ecomomy would boom!

I know which VECTOR you choose