View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 09:03 PM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I type as a third language - does that make my Xenoscriptic?

2050 BC

People on assistance tend not vote for the party that wants to limit assistance. ( they dont tend to Vote at all )

We need assistance for our people, but how much is right and how much effort should be made to gain that assistance? And it is a hand up.

I have benefited from that assistance

parents should be responsible for the care of their children not all are positioned to care for them that's just the hard Truth (not from a lack of trying ).. And cutting assistance just doesn't impact the adults .. and that where finding a balance gets twisted.. Some focus on the Adults but #^&#^&#^&#^& rolls down hill .. not everyone who gets assistance stays on assistance .. But thats fake news to a lot of people on both sides ..

We have to ask ourselves with unemployment the lowest in lowest since 1969 why hasn't this helped . here is some info .The increase in hiring was concentrated at white-collar businesses, construction and health care. The only sector to suffer a big drawback was retail, (guess who mostly works retail low skilled people )

I wish I had the Answer ... clearly cutting everything or giving everything won't work on their own ... but while we look for the sweet spot .. nothing changes and the wheel keeps rolling