View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 08:17 AM   #137
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
keep waving those pom poms ... saved 700 created - 2500 he's 1800 in the hole

Wife company
Genesis Health Care Corporation just took away 4 paid holidays took away double time 1\2 if they work a holiday .. and reduced sick time she's had for the past 18 years.. and the economy the best its been in years coincidence doubtful I call it the Trump effect
"how did i guess you would bring that up again "

Because even you knew that your argument was demonstrably false.

"you have no concern bout the 2500 getting let go by the state department"

Of course I do. But if the State Dept can do the same job without those 2,500 people, then they should be let go. The federal government is not a jobs program. It should be as lean as possible. Do you want your taxes to be higher than necessary? In fact, if those people are not necessary, then letting them go is yet another thing Trump is doing for the average Joe, because it will lower his tax burden. You are making my case for me. But you are in a public union, so I get why you like the idea of government spending more than it needs to, because excessive spending goes into your pocket. So it's you who has no concern for the average Joe, because there is no tax hike you won't support, because the more money confiscated from your neighbors, the more money ends up in your pocket.

"because it (accusing Obama opponents of racism) was True"

Go ahead and try to prove that. Take all the time in the world. Why can't I say that all those blacks that voted for Obama instead of McCain and Romney, are racist?

"Trumps Lack of support is a direct result of Trump no one else "

Right, right. Opposition to Obama is inherently racist, but opposition to Trump is justified. You get to declare that with no evidence whatsoever. Very convenient for you

WDMSO, why does the GOP control both houses of Congress, and a huge majority of state governorships and state legislatures? Racism? Is it because of racism?

"did he (Obama)leave the country better than he found it ??"

That can't be proven one way or the other. The stock market was obviously higher when he left, and the economy was more stable. But before the 2016 election, after 8 years of Obama, a large majority of Americans thought we were heading in the wrong direction. That means something.

Here's the best answer to your question, WDMSO...if Obama's policies improved the nation, then please explain why, after 8 years of Obama, the democratic party holds fewer federal and state elected offices, than any time since the Civil War?

My answer: the American public likes Obama personally, they think he is a good guy. But they don't like his policies. It's not racism, or his approval ratings wouldn't be high. But they reject his policies.