View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 09:40 PM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Extreme card? Hell, the birther movement was GOP mainstream. Shall we count the politicians and Republican celebs who dabbled in Kenyan sensibilities? Should we go through the posts here where people couldn't help themselves but to stress the President's middle name?

Why are you changing the subject. I referred to YOUR playing the card, not all the other people in the world, liberal or conservative, communist, capitalist . . . or liberal celebs (Democrat--there aren't that many Republican celebs) who on a weekly basis poked fun at or bashed Bush, or Reagan, or Palin, or Cruz, or Tea partiers. I wasn't trying to drag the world into the discussion, just your taking my comment to an extreme. Sorry I ruffled your feathers.

It's a good thing the fear of political correctness kept these chaps at bay what with the POTUS bringing all that blackness to the office and all.
No, I wasn't talking about political correctness. I don't think that has ever stopped progressive/liberal Dems from trashing Republican Presidents. It certainly wasn't a barrier against bashing all previous Presidents of either party in the past. Especially before the advent of such "correctness," which is fairly recent in our history. Presidents, politicians in general, were freely insulted before Obama. It was that, Paul's assumption that Obama is the most insulted ever, to which I responded. And it is my opinion, as well as that of "many experts" that the race card prevents many of the insults, even those that don't pertain to race, from being made. That certainly doesn't mean that insults, even many, against Obama haven't happened. Just that not as much as might have if he weren't black. In any event, I don't think any actual stats have been compiled as to who was the most insulted President. Don't think it would be possible to do it. But, it does come with the territory. Take it in good grace and move on. That's what Bush did. I know you like to remind us often that "Bush did it too."