Thread: f'n cancer
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 11:29 AM   #12
FishermanTim

Here's some food for thought...

We keep hearing news that medicine is making strides in treating and sometimes beating cancer. That's great, as it gives hope to those that might not have had any if they were diagnosed decades ago.

The flip side of all these advances is a simple fact....there are MORE cases "popping up" daily.

So they might find a treatment that works on one type of cancer, and treat thousands of people, but there are probably 10-100 of thousands that get diagnosed daily.

Even with added treatments, it sure sounds like we're losing the battle by shear numbers, not types of cancer.

Remember, nature abhors a vacuum, so a cure of one type of cancer could conceivably spawn a mutated version of another that we have no treatment for.

One key thing to consider is even though we may live a good healthy lifestyle, our genetics will always have a "wild-card" chromosome to play that trumps everything else.

But I digress.
To get back to the NOW, I wish your friend (and all others that are dealing with this disease) the best possible outcome.

I say this because the best possible, based on the specific disease, may not be recovery but rather a quick and painless passing. I explained this to friends and family when my father was dying from brain and lung cancer. Mercifully, he was not in any physical pain, just the mental anguish of knowing the end was near. We had him brought home so he could spend his last days at home with family.

Like I said, the best possible outcome (for a terrible situation).

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote