View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 12:22 AM   #258
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I'd love to see the GOP clean house and come up with some good people

So you're saying all the Republican politicians are bad people?

who were not beholden to special interests

That's an unrealistic request. Party politics is all about special interests. Did you read that article that Spence posted by "unbiased" real honest-to-gosh political scientists who felt it was their civic duty to point out to voters the real true statistics that showed which party benefited them most so they could vote accordingly?

and were willing to vote on bills that would better the country and not just their own interests. I'd even vote for them. But I don't see it happening soon.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Isn't your notion of what "would better the country" influenced by the issues and interests which you personally believe would be beneficial? Isn't it that which interests you, "your own interests," which decides for you what is good or not?

Wouldn't it be better for the country if, instead of creating bills that favor this or that group, they stuck to legislation which did not infringe on unalienable rights? And wouldn't it be better if government would quit creating rights which they dole out and control? And better if it would be less invasive in our lives and leave more control over ourselves to us?

Last edited by detbuch; 03-13-2016 at 08:34 AM..