Thread: Fishing reports
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 08:22 AM   #10
albythereforyou

The surf fishing in the western sound in CT is like the dead sea. I had a decent may once all the local river fish dumped out into the surrounding waters, but june has been a lot of work for hardly any fish locally. I've been exploring the cape and finding fish just about every place I go, but its a far drive there and back...

My best fish of the season was a low 30lb bass that threw my jointed plug back in my face around the full moon in may. Got a handful of small weakfish on mag darters, and then spent the next month trying for one of the fly with no luck.

The amount of bunker by me is again just ridiculous. inshore, offshore, mid sound.... I can drive to 5 different spots right now 15 minutes away and get a cast net so heavy I won't be able to pull it up. there are only a very small amount of surf spots producing 1-2 bass a night on bunker chunks. I'd rather carve my eyes out with a spoon then fish bunker chunks from shore...

I'll be the cape all summer on weekends and wed/ thurs selling art at some of their flea markets, so hopefully I'll continue to get lucky and find some more bass out there.

Albies ? Are they in yet?
albythereforyou is offline   Reply With Quote