View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #222
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Jim, please understand I am done responding to you for now. I previously ignored your posts for awhile because I felt any discussion was just a waste of time. I am done again. You can call checkmate if you want, but please understand it is not an issue of me thinking that you are too good at making your points and I can't keep up. I am just bored. Your comments like having to stop every 12 miles to plug it in demonstrate that in this case, and some others you really have no idea what you are talking about. It is a plug in hybrid that goes between 25 and 50 miles on electric only, then runs on gas. More hyperbole or clueless? Hyperbole gets old... Here is some links for you...

2012 Chevrolet Volt Reviews, Pictures and Prices | U.S. News Best Cars

2012 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

oh also...

your article said 3200 volts sold. 7671 sold for the year as of Decmeber 31, 2011. You really need me to do the math for you?
"More hyperbole or clueless?"

Hyperbole/sarcasm.

"your article said 3200 volts sold. 7671 sold for the year as of Decmeber 31, 2011."

Zimmy, my article made it clear that the figure of 3200 wasn't for the full year. If, at the time,3200 Volts were sold, what should they have reported? Something else?

Scott and I both posted articles (that just came out yesterday) saying 7600 were sold, which was far short of initial expectations, despite govt rebates of 20% of the sticker price. As a result, there were massive layoffs.

Zimmy, when you fall 25% short of sales forecasts (despite a 20% rebate from the feds) and you need to lay off staff and stop production, do you know what we call that in business? Failure. I'm not glad the Volt was a flop, I take no pleasure from that. But it's still a flop.

They expected to sell SIxTY THOUSAND Volts in 2012, but they've sold less than 2,00 through February.

People don't like the car. When the price comes down and gas prices go up, that will change.

And I didn't see you respond, again, to the annoying little detail of the batteries catching fire.