Thread: Logic 101 quiz
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 10:46 PM   #49
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
So where in the Constitution does it specify how the House is to make the determination to impeach the President?

A majority vote of the House of Representatives is required to bring impeachment charges (Article I, Section 2, Clause 5), which are then tried before the Senate (Article I, Section 3, Clause 6). Two-thirds of the Senate must vote to convict before an official can be removed.

Mueller could not within the rules, indict trump.

The purpose of Mueller's investigation was not to indict, but to conclude that Trump was guilty of obstruction. And he could have specifically recommended whatever was needed for Trump to be removed.

Trump could waive the rules that Mueller believes prohibit him from indicting him.

Why should he? Mueller's investigation did not conclude that Trump obstructed. On what grounds should Trump waive the rules?

The report says Trump may have successfully obstructed the investigation, that’s the point of obstruction.

The report does not conclude that Trump obstructed the investigation. The report, and other reports, do point out a lot of instances where Trump cooperated and aided the investigation.

Meanwhile Mr lock them up, is horrified that someone said in private, that they want him to lose, be indicted, convicted and go to prison, far less horrible than what he’s been saying about others since he became a candidate and continued to say as President. I suppose you think he was joking about that also.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Trump generally doesn't attack unless he is attacked. You seem to think that he should not respond in kind. I have no problem with it.