Thread: Another year
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Generally agree. If I was a small business right now I'd want cash.

Uncertainty is a drag to business, but costs can be managed when you have cash-flow.

I don't think taxes or regulation are as big of a deal as just the general political climate which looks like it could whip one way or the other depending on the mood du jour.

-spence
"I don't think taxes or regulation are as big of a deal "

Here's the thing. You believe that, only because it supports your agenda. That's called circular logic. I see you offered no support whatsoever.

If you talk to the people who can say something knowledgable about this issue, those who run businesses, you'd get a different answer. Taxes and regulations are a cost of commerce. Spence, here is what you learn the first week in economics 101. When you increase the cost of something, the demand for that something (no matter what it is) goes DOWN. When you have stagnant growth and 9% unemployment, that last thing you want to do (if you understand economics 101) is reduce the demand for commerce. I'm not saying you eliminate taxes and regulation. I'm saying the goal should be that taxes and regulation are no higher than they need to be. I've worked in areas where we did the work to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, and it was useless waste.

But you know wbetter I guess.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-04-2011 at 10:10 AM..