View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 09:12 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
What people keep forgetting is that if an email is labeled secret it stays on a network that holds that classification. In order for it to wind up on a non classified system it actually has to be physically copied to some sort of removable media and brought over to a non classified system so it could be emailed out.

A whole lot of intent to dis-regard and bypass security. It's not just an "Oops I hit the wrong key on my keyboard" moment.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
That's what I was trying to get at.

So every email on her server was necessarily "un-classified" at the time it was sent. Some were retroactively classified, and I don't know that you can argue she committed a crime regarding these.

The other possibility, as you suggested, is that there were some emails that were flagged, but had the flagged removed, so the emails could be forwarded to her server. If someone removed the classification flags just so they could then be sent to her server, that person likely committed a crime. I imagine that's part of the investigation thingy that is is not looking at Hilary.