View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 02:45 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And I know a few dozen families in Newtown, who would gouge their own eyes out, for the teachers there to have been armed.

As I said, the thoughtless ideologues, focus on the one side of the cost/benefit analysis that serves their agenda, and ignore the other side. Too bad the places where you get your news, don't have cartoons showing tiny caskets that are not lowered into the ground because of the occasional (admittedly rare) benefit of having armed security around...
So you are going to save some fraction of 10 children per year, and not worry about the 1500 other children who are killed or 15,000 who are injured by gun violence.
Perhaps the fractional savings of having children not ride bicycles to school would be worthwhile, what about those parents? There are many more of those than parents of children killed by school shooters and no one has the right to a bicycle.
How will you explain the cost benefit analysis to the parent of a child shot negligently by an armed school teacher/guard?
Or when the school shooter uses the armed school teacher/guards gun to kill someone?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin