View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 02:59 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Did you need evidence to find Kavanaugh guilty Jeff? Can’t I just say it and then it is real?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think they have a pretty good model called firehose of falsehood

Since his entrance into the political arena (if not before), there has been a remarkable evolution in Trump's approach to news. The President has effectively employed new dissemination channels and messages in support of his 2016 election, his agenda, his ongoing involvement in disavowing Russian collusion and various other issues, and his antagonism of allies. The Trump news model is high-volume and multichannel, and it disseminates messages without regard for the truth. It is also rapid, continuous, and repetitive, and it lacks commitment to consistency. Although these techniques run counter to the conventional wisdom for successful information campaigns, research in psychology supports many of the most successful aspects of the model. Furthermore, the very factors that make the firehose of falsehood effective also make it difficult to counter. Traditional counterpropaganda approaches will likely be inadequate in this context. More effective solutions can be found in the same psychology literature that explains the surprising success of the Trump news model and its messages.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin