View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 07:25 AM   #28
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Going into Iraq was stupidly wrong. It was planned wrong, it was managed wrong. Easy to see in hindsight. Like 85% of the rest I believed in the WMD too. But that ship had sailed and all of those options sailed with it over the horizon.

Bullsheize
I think this a difficult statement to make because you need to take into account the question of where we'd be today concerning Iraq if we'd not gone in...the only alternative that the opponents offer is that we should have stuck with sanctions, the type that are working so well with Iran...what would the Middle East look like today and more importantly...in the future.... if we'd not gone in? I don't have an answer but I think it's hard to definitively say it should or should not have occured at this point and arguing the point proves nothing. Where would we be if we'd shown more resolve and not had the effort undermined at every opportunity by the opponents?....I'll just never forget "General Betrayus" and the comments from the likes of Hillary "suspending disbelief" Clinton and others as well as the comments of the opponents in the years leading up to the invasion regarding the Hussein regime(that's the Saddam Hussein regime...not the Barak Hussein regime)

Last edited by scottw; 11-04-2010 at 08:07 AM..