View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 11:50 AM   #134
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Let's see... The liberals here are bashing Trump for the fact that David Duke endorsed him. My point, and it's valid, is that if Trump is to be criticized for getting Duke's endorsement, then we should criticize Obama as well. Because not only did Sharpton endorse Obama, he has been to the White House 100 times.

If Trump were to get elected, I doubt he would rely on David Duke for counsel on race relations. But that's exactly what Obama has done with the pig Sharpton.

Do you ever, and I mean ever, concede that conservatives have a valid point?
i don't have a problem so much with the endorsement (anyone can endorse someone) as much as Trump's not disavowing it until people got on him. And then his asinine comments that he didn't know who Duke was or what white supremacy is. That either shows he is a liar or really stupid (I suspect the former).

To your point about Sharpton. He speaks out when he sees (or thinks he sees discrimination). And when he speaks, he says stupid stuff. That stupid stuff overwhelms any valid points he may have so that his message is lost. I don’t really recall he had a part of the crown heights incident but know a lot about the Tawana Brawley mess. The KKK killed 0,000s of blacks. So while not the best analogy, I can see how people can make it. I think Obama has Sharpton to the WH to pay lip service (can't wait to see comments on that one) to him and thus the Black community.

Edit - just saw on CNN a Medal of Honor ceremony honoring a Seal Team 6 member for rescuing a hostage. I'm sure you would have enjoyed watching that.

Last edited by PaulS; 02-29-2016 at 11:59 AM..