View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 01:11 PM   #141
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
They show some compassion for those that need a helping hand.

How is that?

What do Repub. do for Black people?
Let's see...they ended slavery...then, they ended segregation...we would prefer to see black babies being born to seeing them slaughtered by the thousands...today, they want to help black people improve themselves, rather than expecting them to merely postpone death while living on $500 a month.

Here's what I don't get. Bill Clinton is a hero to blacks. Am I the only one who remembers what he actually did? He kicked millions of them off welfare. They didn't starve, they went back to work. Which, if you are able to work, is what you need.

Paul, it looks to me, that what the Dems do, is pat blacks on the head (no matter what they do) and say "there, there, it's not your fault".

Republicans (as a group) have no problem helping blacks. The difference, is that conservatives seem to get the idea, that sometimes saying "no" is the best answer, and that tough love is still love.

Oh, the other thing that Dems do, is (1) ruin urban schools, and then (2) deny black parents the ability to choose to send their kids to schools that actually work.

Which is funny, because don't liberals pride themselves as being "pro-choice"? I'm fairly certain I heard that somewhere. Apparently, not when it comes to being able to choose a better school for their kids.