View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #16
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Let me resphrase:

"The anti-human induced climate change" was a better choice of words for me. I have repeatedly said I am not on a pedestal!
You must not be aware of the Transitive Property of Spin (probably because I just made it up). An example is:
The 'anti' crowd uses Al Gore as the 'pro' crowd's figurehead ~> Al Gore makes comments about topics he probably has no business discussing ~> Al Gore's misstatements are used to demonstrate he doesn't know what he's talking about = human-induced climate change must be a farce.

The equation can be found throughout this forum in posts by scott.

The equation is closely related to The "I'm going to copy/paste some random excepts that may or may not have anything to do with your post, not elaborate on any part of it, ignore just about everything you said, and then raise my hands in victory" Equation - also widely used by scott.

Both of the above are typically preceded by or followed with some "witty quip" or random insult that generally doesn't make sense.

Don't let him get under your skin.
You use facts from multiple areas and provide an analysis, he'll quote some article or try to deflect by repeatedly harping on a misspelling.
You view it from the scientific prospective, he'll accuse you of being a crazy, America-hating liberal.

You'd have better luck trying to reason with the Japanese and get them to stop hunting whales or getting a dog to quit crapping on the carpet than you would attempting to have a mature debate with him.