View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think you're caught up in your own extremism, as have many conservatives who take progressive ideas to their limits in an attempt to justify themselves.

Hey, man, can you actually have a discussion, or must you resort to merely making a proclamation? What you "think" here is not backed up by a train of thought that leads to a conclusion. What you "think" lacks substantive thought. It's basically ad hominem accusation.

But it is what I expected you would do . . . if you replied at all--an extremely limited and thoughtless attempt to dismiss.

Can't say I know anyone who wants government to be the source of our rights and I'd wager most who ascribe to progressive ideas would either.

Why can't you say it? If you don't know if any of the people (Progressives?) you know believe or want something, does that mean that Progressives therefor must not believe or want it? If you don't know, how do you arrive at an opinion? What do Progressives believe is the source of our rights? On what information would you place your wager?

That doesn't exclude progressive thinking from a constitutional framework.
Could you explain and elaborate what you mean by this proclamation? It seems to have the germ of an actual discussion.