View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 07:44 AM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
the bathroom bill has been on the books for 2 years and no of the fear mongering presented by conservatives has happened ...

I work at a female correctional facility I can assure you. the women I have seen with transgender dysphoria if they walked into a men's room you would not even notice them ...

if forced to use a women's restroom all the little girls and your wifes who you fear will be attacked would be saying WTF is this man doing in a ladies rest room..

But seeing many people have zero encounters that they know of or know any of these people personally .. these fairy tales come to life until it happens in their family then their tune changes

the same fairy tales were associated with desegregation ,Gays , gay marriage and I would guess by some who are using fairy tail of we need the protection of innocent women and children from Men claiming to be a women
I'd imagine that your job gives you a very unique, and a very valid, insight into these kinds of things. But not all women are in prison, and a lot of normal women are uncomfortable with sharing a bathroom with a man, and I don't think it's weird for them to feel that way. My brother went to Connecticut College, a very liberal private college. In the 1990s, one dorm there decided that since they were so evolved, they'd make the bathrooms co-ed. Some kids were fine with it. Some, mostly girls, refused to go in the bathrooms in their dorm.