View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 08:03 AM   #20
Jim in CT

here we go again, the libs blame trump (the dayton shooter appears to have been a democrat), the right pretends that the availability of high capacity magazines and things like that play no role whatsoever. the purist extremes in both sides circle
the wagons.

Guns don’t make people want to kill. but once someone snaps that way, high capacity magazines help many of them maximize the body count. and i’d bet
my life that the appearance of some of these rifles fuels the fantasies of the small number of very sick folks were talking about. Conservatives refuse to concede any of that.

But the gun is only the tool. The root cause is lack
of humanity. Everyone in North Dakota has guns, yet there’s almost no gun crime. There’s a very, very valuable lesson there, and it has to do with family values. Also, why didn’t we see this carnage in the 1950s? is it because our laws were better? or is it because family values were more traditional? Liberals refuse to concede
any of that.

we need to talk about bump sticks and high capacity magazines ( which don’t cause shootings but increase the body count). And we need to ask ourselves if obama calling people
in North Dakota bitter clingers, and Hilary calling them deplorable, is the right way to describe people
who embrace an old fashioned culture that despite whatever flaws come with it, embraces the notion that we view each other with some
humanity, and that we admit a higher purpose to our brief lives than pursuit of what pleases the self.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device