View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 10:12 PM   #1
staktup

2014 Hobie Mirage Sport; Putnam County, NY 10579

For sale is a Hobie Mirage Sport with a 2014 hull and 2011 or 2012 mirage drive that I upgraded from V1 to V2. This package would be worth $1700 new in 2014 and the 2015 models go for $2K now. It comes with a 2012 seat, cool Flying Tiger sticker, and a Scotty mount I added in the tankwell for a flag.

The homemade cart is not for sale but if you really want or need it, add another $40. SS axle! The drive that is pictured will not the one you buy; I have the older upgraded drive to sell instead. The steering knob on the rudder control lever is also not included.

However, I don't have a paddle for it, it does not come with a storage tub for the mid hatch, and the cable to pull the rudder up disengaged and is a PITA to fix without cutting the spectra rudder line and re-route it since there is no rear hatch to access this area. The rudder deploys fine (down) and turns absolutely fine; you just have to manually raise it. Just wait until the off-season to monkey around with it.

IMHO, I think someone over 5'10 will not fit comfortably in it; listed weight cap is 225 lbs.

What this all means is that you can save up to $500 for a functional pedal-powered kayak with a one year old hull!

Selling for $1100.00.

For detailed specs go to:

https://www.austinkayak.com/products...ayak-2014.html

Last edited by staktup; 07-09-2015 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: price
staktup is offline   Reply With Quote