View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #73
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim you can try to spin it anyway you want ...

1st he was willing to sign the bill w\out the wall funding his base flips and then he flips

2nd spineless ryan sends something to the senate he knows won't pass but has what Trump wants in it

3rd trump knows he is losing and will never see anything from the house again Try's to influence the senate to change the rules ... not for the country but for his self image

Face it you have said it before you dont care what he does if you get what you want ... seems this just follows that thinking

Again not even close to what happened in 2013 but once again you love to act as if they are the same

April 2017, Senate Republicans led by Mitch McConnell extended the nuclear option to Supreme Court nominations in order to end debate on the nomination of Neil Gorsuch

As of November 2018, a three-fifths majority vote is still required to end debates on legislation.
i’m not spinning anything for christ’s sake, i’m stating fact. Harry Reid invemted the idea of using the nuclear option, and if he was assuming the gop would
never again control the senate and that it could
never be used against democrats, we’ll tough cookies for them.

i am tucked trump waited this long. not only am i not offended he wants to use the nuclear option, it would
be asinine for
him not to do it. Why should
o let the democrats be able to avail
themselves if this tactic?

any chance, any chance at all, you could
answer that question?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device