View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #81
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Attacking my method of speech? I say believe because it sounds more pretentious. As for simply, you're coming to quick conclusions for someone who doesn't know what I was thinking.

I apologize for not knowing what is lurking, unexpressed, in your mind.

Conservatives also tend to oppose unnecessary Federal legislation, of which this amendment certainly is...

Again, all so-called "conservatives" do not think in lockstep. Some are called Neo-cons, some are called Rinos, some are "hard core," some hate John McCain, some hate Rush Limbaugh. Again, the only bond that holds them together, insofar as they are together, is the Constitution and original intent.

I don't think it was necessarily sneaky, they simply used whatever means were necessary to do what they believed was necessary, everything was done in public.

Not everything was done in public. Some things were exposed. And promises were made and broken. Reps were bought and abandoned. Special exemptions were promised. Procedures that they denounced were threatened to be used. An unrelated Education bill was inserted. Yes, not all was sneaky. Some was just blatant force to further the power of Federal Government. Of course, if you favor what they did, objection is not welcomed

Bush did what he thought was necessary when the Administration misrepresented the case for the Iraq war...they did what they believed was necessary...

Ah, the Bush card. I guess it's alright to trash what he did and how he did it, but then say it's ok if your guy does it, since Bush did it.

although in the case of the health care bill the facts were on the table. That it didn't paint a clear picture is the reason for the lack of public enthusiasm, and the opening for the GOP to could the water with disinformation.

-spence
If the facts were on the table, the picture should have been clear. The lack of public enthusiasm is not as simplistic as you portray. Much of the displeasure is a response to what is now clear.