View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #12
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
His parents made him what he is or allowed him to become what he is without interference from them. They should do time also.

I agree totally. Too many parents these days let their kids get away with whatever they like. Discipline is out the window. (1 set of parents allowing such behavior is too many) Now I do believe most parents do their best and it is usually more than enough. But that "1 bad apple spoils the bunch " analogy draws the most attention.

I witnessed my neighbors daughter threaten to "call the cops" if she was hit by her mother. Spankings and such were a part of 90% of the people on this board when they were little I'd bet. Now with the evolvance if Political Correctness over the last 6 or 8 years we, as a country, are now spineless.

If a teacher or an adult gave you a "swat" for doing something stupid you wouldn't dare run home and tell your parents. That would garner another "swat". Things sure have changed a lot in the last 35 or 40 years.

Sorry to get side tracked. I think the kid should have to a little time in DYS. Maybe that would straighten him out a little. 3 months in a locked facility can do wonders.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote