Thread: NFL
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 06:43 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Why does it offend you if someone peacefully raises awareness for something they believe in?

The patch thing was a simple uniform issue I believe.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Despite the fact that you dodged my question completely (because you know there is no possible liberal answer to that, which makes any sense whatsoever), I will pay you the courtesy of answering your question directly.

First, I disagree that the thing they are protesting (widespread racial assassinations by white cops) exists. They might as well be protesting Bigfoot. Second, their method of protest makes zero logical sense. The national anthem has no connection to white cops. If you have a problem with white cops, make a sign that says "White cops need to be nicer to blacks", or join Black Lives Matter, do something that is somehow connected to the issue you are advocating. Their method of protest, is hurtful to people who don't deserve it. And they know this, and they don't care.

If the NFL wants to turn their backs on everyone who voted for Trump, and try to widen their appeal among liberal bed-wetting snowflakes, they have every right to make that business decision. Some decisions work out, some do not. Consumers can choose whether or not to support them, because despite what the Trump resistance believes, there's nothing remotely fascist about our country. If there's one thing we are learning during this presidency, it's that you can say anything you want about this man, and the government will take no action against you (unlike El Deuce Obama, who used the IRS as a club against conservatives), which is actually the opposite of fascism.