View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Jim, I thought Repub. where morally superior? How many times have you tried making that BS arguement yet nothing you post and the actual facts demonstrates that.
"Jim, I thought Repub. where morally superior? How many times have you tried making that BS argument"

If you are talking about elected politicians on either side, I have often said that there are plenty of scumbags on the right. I've said it again and again and again and again.

Obviously, I think that conservatism (the platform) is vastly superior to liberalism...morally, economically, spiritually, culturally, and way you want to compare them.

In terms of comparing the people? Depends on if you mean national politicians, local politicians, regular citizens who are fairly devout to the ideology, or regular citizens who are only casually devout to that ideology, or if you mean the media.

When talking about politicians and media talking heads, I find that conservatives generally want to debate the merits of an issue, because they think they can win the debate. Liberals tend to want to shut down the conservative, or to demonize him as a racist/sexist/xenophobe/homophobe/Islamophobe, because they know they don't have an argument that plays well. Demonizing the opponent, is what one does, when one can not defeat the opponent in the debate.

I have asked this MANY times Paul, when was the last time conservatives rioted, in order to prevent a liberal speaker, from speaking? It doesn't happen. Why do you suppose that is?

I can no longer make any claim to moral superiority of Republican presidents. Before the election of 2016, I was very comfortable making that claim, at least regarding the last 30 years. Not anymore. That makes me sad. But if the only way to defeat Hilary was to elect a Republican who was a jerk, I sleep like a baby given that choice.

The Democrats, and the media, refused to fight fair in presidential elections. So we nominated someone who was quite comfortable fighting dirty, and winning the dirty fight.

You reap what you sow.