View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #83
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You actually think LGBTQ people don't have or raise children,

I put some serious pooh-pooh on your article and all you can respond to is my sarcastic hyperbolic summation?

The LGBTQ community as a whole will actually be able to "have" (create through sexual union) children at a lesser rate than "cisgenders" because the largest component of LGBTQ is the LG who now don't have to get into pretend marriages with a cisgender. Same sex folks can't biologically produce babies by having sex with each other. The other letters will have a more difficult time finding the right opposite letter than their cis cousins. The Q portion is probably too confused to know what they're supposed to do.

And raising children that a union did not produce does not add to population numbers.

that abortion is a significant population limiter,

Yes, abortion and birth control are both "a significant population limiter." One of their main purposes is specifically to reduce the number of children that will have to be raised.

that birth control is the reason people choose not to have children.

It's not the reason, it's the method.

You likely don't think that parental leave, child care, access to affordable healthcare, student loans are things that limit people's choices about having children. Just think in those evil socialized countries typical childbirth costs are half and less than the US.

The "native born" of those socialized countries in Europe where childbirth costs are half and less than here have lower birth rates than our "native born." Their birth rate is well below replacement numbers. lowering costs does not motivate them to have more children than we do here with our higher costs.

But the massive number of immigrants they've invited in the past decade have a much higher birth rate which demographers have calculated will make the children of those immigrants the majority population in a couple of generations.

Just what scares you about new "native borns", what generation American are you, that entitles you to close the door?
Why do you frame it as "scares"? Projecting?

I point out the incoherence of your posted article and that is supposed to mean that I am scared and believe that I'm entitled to close the door? Why are you being so defensive and imputing strange non sequitur characterizations of me?

I'm trying to have a rational discussion. But I am increasingly finding that it doesn't net a similar response.