View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 08:21 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Don't know. After reading stupidity like "Here comes the mental disorder known as liberalism!" I moved on.

Johnny D, instead of "moving on", or simply insulting me...how about doing something more meaningful, like telling me exactly where I'm wrong?

I think you have to have a screw loose to be a liberal, I really do. Here's why...

Liberals embrace high taxes and big federal government, even though that approach has been a colossal failure every time it's been tried. Given what's hapening in Europe as I type this, I've asked liberals to explain why that approach will work here, and no one will answer.

Liberals claim to be the party that cares about blacks. Yet when conservatives try to enact programs that provide jobs to blacks instead of welfare checks, we get called racist. Aren't blacks better off with jobs than with welfare checks? Liberals are also the ones who accused Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment, despite the fact that there was no evidence whatsoever.

Liberals think that serial killers deserve to live, but not unborn babies?

Liberals claim that conservatives are "anti-Mexican", because we simply want duly constituted laws to be enforced?

Liberals claim that they care more about disadvantaged folks than conservatives, yet every poll ever done on the subject shows that conservatives give more time and money to charity.

Liberals point to Obama's Harvard degree as proof that he's smart. Yet they call Bush an idiot, and Bush also has a degree from Harvard.

Liberals think that the solution to every societal problem is to throw money (preferably someone else's money) at it. That doesn't change problematic behavior.

Liberals attack Sarah Palin for every mistake she makes in front of the camera (and she makes plenty), yet they shrug off every gaffe made by Joe Biden, who has put his foot in his mouth enogh times to keep the writers at Saturday Night Live employed for a decade.

When conservatives say "social security is unsustainable in its current form, we have to raise taxes or cut benefits", liberals say we hate old people. Aren't we just admitting mathematical fact?

Liberals want to say "yes" to every demand made by any labor union. Conservatives feel ther eneed to be limits to the benefits those folks can receive.

Liberals claim to be the side that cares about women, yet look what they do to Palin.