View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #47
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Bingo NF, and now let's get back to the links and fund raising.
Now that's a plan.
This guy is in way over his head, at our expense.
Was pissy when the Ospreys flew over my house last night. 5 Million dollars to generate 500K

The world IS falling apart and no small thanks to this fustercluck of an administration. No, it is not all Obama's fault, but part of it - the LEADERSHIP, is his responsibility. The lack of good Advisers and/or listening to good advice IS his responsbility.

Lets see the issues:

ME Peace
ISIL
UKRAINE
IRAN Nukes (not that we have heard much - is that effective policy? Or just not enough room above the fold?)
Iraq Collapsing
Race relations
Afghansitan Collapsing
Russia expansionism/ re-imperialism
China expansionism
Immigration (The only nation than can enforce borders but does not enforce?)
Ebola

Yes - things are being deftly managed. /sarc

Looks like he is becoming unhinged. I am really getting concerned that this guy is loosing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think it's pretty silly to think the Administration has been ignoring the issue for 2 years. We've been trying to get the Iraqi government to take some responsibility in the matter. How are we supposed to take the blame for military acting French?

This stuff has been brewing for so long but you can't resist the opportunity to blame blame blame rather than think about what we can and should do. It's a very complex situation with no easy options.

The positive side to things being this dangerous is that the other Arab nations are finally waking up to the monsters they've helped create.

What about the summer suit? No outrage about the suit?

-spence
No, suit is a minor . I'm afraid the Administration has been screwing things up the last 2 years. Too much Hope & Ideology, not enough Realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
He missed his opportunity by not getting a coalition into Syria early, IMO. ISIS/ISIL became a force from within the rebel void of power. The US could have had an ally had they supported the early rebellion against Assad.
No, the opportunity was missed when a Status Of Forces Agreement was not established/pursued with Iraq to leave a force of sufficient personnel in place to bolster the Iraqi Army to keep ISIL in Syria. The ability to lean on Maliki to NOT further peees on the dissatisfied.

Seatbelt light is on folks, expect much turbulence ahead. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: