Thread: grrrrr
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 09:34 PM   #17
EricW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggin Jiggin View Post
I did end up ordering new clear coat and I've had no issues at all with the first 3 batches. No crystals forming at all.

I did find out the hard way it also interacts with the flouro green I was using (not as bad as the flourescentpink) but enough to look real sloppy.

I guess its back to createx we go. I just hate how lumpy and hard to shoot it gets after the first season but maybe in the end its easier just to buy what I use new every year.
I'd stick with the createx and recommend checking out Golden and Iwata Com Art paint. They have much finer pigments and spray a lot nicer. You can also try thinning and filtering the createx with airbush medium. I really like Golden for that too. I filter with pantyhose/knee socks. Works like a charm. I use the graduated mixing cups to mix and then pour over the hose into another cup. I have 5 to 10+ year old createx that can easily be brought back to life as long as you filter it and as long as it doesn't look like chewing gum coming out of the bottle.

For thinning I have found it all depends on what tip you have and how much pressure you are spaying with. I've recently gone down to .15 nozzle and about 10-15 lbs of pressure and get the paint really thin. You just have to find what viscosity and what pressure works best. Every paint is different.
I use a lot of the Createx Floro and haven't had it react with topcoats I have tried.
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote