View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I saw a video with a few dozen chanting about killing cops, it certainly crosses the line and people inciting that kind of hate speech should be prosecuted if possible.

The more that comes out about the shooter though you see how the guy had serious issues, he was going to crack sooner or later.

Race is still a pretty contentious issue and there are plenty of people on all sides fanning the flames.
and I saw a lot of high-level, respected politicians saying "black lives matter", a not-so-subtle insinuation that according to white cops, black lives don't matter. I didn't hear too many liberal stating the obvious truth, which is that the facts don't back up their claims that cops are a bunch of executioners.

"Race is still a pretty contentious issue and there are plenty of people on all sides fanning the flames"

Do you honestly believe that the left isn't more racially divisive than the right? First, the right supports policies that pay no attention whatsoever to the color of one's skin - how that's racist, is beyond me. Second, when the left talks about race, it's almost always in the context of blacks being victims of whitey. Obama recently said that Republicans "gotta stop just hating all the time". When was the last time that a President was that dismissive about everyone who didn't vote for him? How do you give him a pass on that statement? John McCain and Mitt Romney are hate-mongers?

Spence, all you do is spin, there's almost zero intellectual honesty...