View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 04:47 PM   #268
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Keep screaming without paying attention to the issue at the heart of the conflict.

"Do you believe, at any point in pregnancy, that there should be any limit on a woman's right to an abortion?" Wallace asked.

"I think the dialogue has gotten so caught up on when you draw the line that we've gotten away from the fundamental question of who gets to draw the line," Buttigieg said.

"And I trust women to draw the line."

Wallace pointed to late term abortions and asked Buttigieg what his position was in back-and-forth.

"You would be okay with a woman well into the third trimester to obtain an abortion?" Wallace asked.

"These hypotheticals are set up to provoke a strong emotional reaction," Buttigieg said.

"These aren't hypotheticals — there are 6,000 women a year who get an abortion in the third trimester," Wallace said.

"That's right, representing less than one percent of cases a year," Buttigieg replied. The data from 2019 appears to support his claim, according to a Los Angeles Times report.

"So, let's put ourselves in the shoes of a woman in that situation. If it's that late in your pregnancy, that means almost by definition you've been expecting to carry it to term," he went on.

"We're talking about women who have perhaps chosen the name, women who have purchased the crib, families that then get the most devastating medical news of their lifetime, something about the health or the life of the mother that forces them to make an impossible, unthinkable choice."

"That decision is not going to be made any better, medically or morally, because the government is dictating how that decision should be made," he said.

But Jim knows better than any woman or doctor how this should be decided.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i’m not screaming, i’m responding. the heart of the matter, the whole
matter,,is whether or not the unborn is a person. that’s all
it’s about.

I don’t truth people
to draw the line. that’s why we need laws, because some people
will draw that line to allow them
to do wicked things. Pete’s answer was a complete, total, cop out.

IF you believe the baby is a person (and you do not, which is fine), you wouldn’t trust women to draw the line where they see fit.

The left always frames this dishonestly.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device