View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 11:39 AM   #564
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Public schools would have less money to work with because what they used to receive is now a voucher that is handed out.
The only families left behind are those who cannot make up the difference of the voucher (thus, lower-income families) and those with disabled children. Because private schools do not have to take disabled children.

Unfortunately those left behind are the most expensive and it would only get worse.

Now some think that teachers need to just do more for less, because they should feel privileged to be responsible for the education of our greatest asset.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
And don't forget the issue of fixed/variable cost. If there are fewer students you still need to spend the same for services such as heating the building, provide the same security/guards, etc. You still need to run the same buses, etc. End result is lower $ to provide services while subsidizing students to go to private school. As I said the most engage parents would take their children out while the students w/o engaged parents with the most needs would be left further behind. I guess they would need to lift themselves up by the bootstraps.

Last edited by PaulS; 08-23-2022 at 11:45 AM..