Thread: Obama Care
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #49
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
And like I've asked multiple times, why should I pay the same rates as these people who will statistically have significantly higher health care related costs than I will over my lifetime:

What you are arguing is a liberal's dream - the many healthy people paying for the few sick people with no ability to discriminate and charge people relative to their use.
Nice pics. I’d bet they don’t (or didn’t) have insurance in the first place.

Read my previous posts,

I think you are getting confused as there are 2 things here
#1 is Government "dictated" healthcare, #2 is identifying people with high risk health coverage.

I'm not a liberal (far from it) and not arguing a liberal's dream. I don't want to pay the same rate as a smoker. I don't think government should tell people what they can or can't do. I don't think the government should be involved in Healthcare. I don't think someone should be paying for health coverage for another free loader (unless it is an elderly retired person who has worked their whole life and is on a fixed income or similar scenario). I'm talking about the people who feel they are entitled to it. I think one should get an education/skill, work hard and pay your insurance premiums. My question is once that is established, where do you draw the line on identifying a "high risk" person? Also, another way to look at this is if your friends in these pictures die of a heart attack at 40 then no more healthcare is need for them but if you live to be 90 then there is 50 more years of health related expense that will have to be paid for your care.

My opinion is the government needs to stay out. If a private insurance company in a free market wants to add to premiums for people who abuse themselves then so be it (still not sure where they would draw the line). But in a free market, they will have to compete with other insurance companies and major employers will be able to negotiate those premiums.

And why do I have more posts on this site about non-fishing related stuff?

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"