View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 07:59 AM   #19
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfish9 View Post
Now I wait - but can breathe a sigh of relief, there is still a lot of work to do, but the most tedious, slow going is behind me.. I started 2 months ago, only working on it on weekends, I'm happy to be where I am at this point with no major setbacks, and the weather hasn't been a factor. it's a lot easier to suit up and grind glass in 40 degree weather than it is when it's 80.. on a side not, I bought a cheap ( read IMHO disposable) dust collector on Amazon, that thing has been a game changer in keeping fine airborne dust from flying everywhere, the heavy stuff can be vacuumed and or swept up for disposal. I haven't had a case of the "itchies" once this entire project.
Thanks Bruce, you know me well enough to know I have 2 speed- Idle and open - I was committed as soon as I saw the crack and then I became aware of the flex- January 1(2024) I'm going to permanent 4 day weeks, May - October 3 day weeks, using 1 day a week accumulated vacation time- Next January 1( 2025)- it's OVAH! they can beg and plead all they want -I've had enough - mostly of politics here and new found philosophy's - love my job and the work that I have been doing here for the last 30 years, but it's time for me to go.- they still haven't found a replacement, I've had 5 different people in the last year, none have made it past the 6 month mark- most make it a week or 2- it's been discussed by us "old farts" to nauseum, but the younger generation has no desire to work- and forget about the talent pool- we all know what that is like.
Back to the boat - I cut and glassed all the new stringers and bulkheads this week, down in my shop, once I get the transom inner skin tied in, then I'll put the stringers and bulkheads in, with a little luck, that will all be done by Christmas, leaving the foaming of the bulkheads in and sole install until spring- even if I don't get anything else done before i start ice fishing, I'll still be able to finish by the end of May... I might even use my spray gun to paint the hull instead of a brush and roller
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crack in Tran..jpg (133.8 KB, 16 views)

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote