Thread: kavanaugh
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 03:39 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You're correct there is no statute of limitation on that and that means they don't have to do it today or tomorrow. They might be being nice about it and giving him a chance to bow out, rather than put either one of them thru a trial. None of us can do more than guess.
"Investigators in Montgomery County have apparently spoken with either a woman or her attorney about allegations of sexual assault against Kavanaugh that date back to his senior year of high school.
Investigators have apparently spoken to multiple witnesses about the allegations.
A formal complaint has not been filed.
“Without a complaint, they cannot conduct a further investigation,” said Karem. “That’s the fulcrum.”
In Maryland, there is no statute of limitations for rape and attempted rape.
The county police and the Montgomery County prosecuting attorney’s office have said they would conduct an investigation into the case, if a complaint is filed."

It's always been this ugly, you just never saw it.
I've known some old politicians and had that discussion.
It was done in backrooms, out of sight and the newscycle was a week, not minutes. Nobody had email, they talked and left no trace.
i didn’t say they had to donut today. i asked why Ford isn’t asking for it. it’s not like she’s seeking privacy.

“they might be being nice about it”

i bet that’s it.

no, i see it. not that long ago, it wasn’t like this. Clarence Thomas got confirmed by a democrat controlled senate. it got ugly, and never returned to civilized, during bush’s presidency. it has not always been like this, not even close.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device