Thread: Offshore
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 06:21 AM   #14
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Beanbag in the back corner.
To be fair, the beanbag is coma inducing to start with. But it got rough and I will be honest that it wasn’t comfortable at all. Night time compounds the problem. I had put the life raft on the front deck and had the ditch bag in arms reach which includes an epirb. I had made some long trips to Nantucket shoals and under Montauk but this is far. To make matters more concerning,on the ride down I saw a plume of smoke about 20 miles south of the Vineyard which looked like burning tires...turns out a big sporty lit up and burned to a watery grave. Bad juju
Beanbag in the back corner was my location in the old boat. I slept through solid 3-5' seas at 35kts... Still cant believe the ride of that 27'. So hearing this report only reminds us all that you must be prepared and aware out there. And a boat fire just drives the point home. I am definitely not ready physically for anything close to a 100 mile trip. Maybe next year. My goal for the fall is getting to BB for tog and albies! I still have a lot of catching up to do locally to get back in sync..... New boat sounds like a beast!

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote