Thread: Barr testimony
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You are confusing the collusion with the obstruction.
Glad you are now referring to both in the affirmative.

Quote:
Dershowitz feels the push for the collusion probe ( have we forgotten about this already?) may have been purely political. i say, let’s find out. The probe was to see if Trump broke the law by colluding with Russia, and there’s insufficient evidence he did.
The probe was launched to see if members of the campaign had links or coordination with Russia along with any other crimes that were a result of the investigation. In advance of the special council's appointment they already had evidence this was a possibility and needed to be investigated. There's just too much there there to claim this was a hit job.

Quote:
Whether or not Trump obstructed, is distinct. if he did, let’s impeach him. i see that even among house democrats, only the radical fringe is talking about impeachment. I presume there is a reason why Pelosi isnt on board.
Pelosi is just hedging because isn't likely to move past the House and Trump is very good at playing the victim card. Even you buy his lies and spin.

New polls show 60% think Trump lied about the investigation and now 47% of Republicans say the'd consider a challenger for the nomination. Not good numbers.