Thread: Laura Ingraham
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 09:13 PM   #75
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
she said low unemployment is achieved by people working more than one job. that’s not how it’s calculated. if i take a part time job in addition to my full time job, does the unemployment rate decrease? no, because my employment status hasn’t changed. i was emoyednwhen i had one job, also employed after i take a second job. she thinks that if one person takes all the jobs in the economy, that unemployment is zero. that’s next generation stupidity. it’s not a misstatement. she thinks low unemployment is bad. her words, not mine. oh, and free college!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
That is a bunch of rambling you did there. We have already established that she was wrong about how low unemployment is calculated. You say her words, not yours, yet nothing you wrote were her words in any sense. That is just odd. A key statement, actually her words , was “Because we look at these figures and we say, ‘Oh, unemployment is low, everything is fine, right?’ " Her point was that the low numbers make people think everything is fine. She actually said those words. Your implication is that she thinks high unemployment is better. She never said or implied that. She believes, as Dorito Don did until the day after the election, that the unemployment rate can misconstrue people's experiences in the job market.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.