View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #104
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
All of this I am aware of.

However, in MA, I didn't think you could negotiate increased pay to an employee if they chose not to take the insurance. I thought health insurance had to be offered, under the same terms, to all employees in a similar position. All my employees are long-time employees that get health insurance from their spouses, so I haven't really had to look into the details of it.

You're right in that you have to offer insurance to all people in a particular class if you offer it to one person in that class(ie. all salaried employees), but you can discriminate based on classes (hourly v. salary, full time v. part-time). You also can negotiate anything as far as compensation. No one can decide what a private company can pay their employees. Consider that women still lag behind men with the same experience and qualifications in pay rates for similar positions.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio