View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Too bad the article doesn't specifically state why the cost increased at this school. What component of the law went in to effect that changed the premium? Did the school have other options available that the school chose not to pursue?

"The college said even though students will pay a higher price, they will also get better benefits. The letter to students explained that the $115 per month charge is “particularly inexpensive compared to the cost of most plans (usually at $400 per month for an individual).”

I wonder how many of these basic questions fox news asked? Almost certainly, none. Better to run with it since it fits the mantra of farse and unbalanced news.
Zimmy, how is this for you?

Non-Partisan CBO Director Says ObamaCare Will Raise Costs | Speaker.gov

Some quotes...

"Douglas Elmendorf, the independent, non-partisan head of the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) provided further confirmation that ObamaCare will increase health care costs"

" Towers Watson study, which found near unanimity among businesses that ObamaCare will accelerate health care costs"

"devastating report by the Obama Administration’s own Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that concluded the law will raise Americans’ health care costs"

Zimmy, how much evidence do you need, in addition to basic common sense, before you admit that ObamaCare will increase costs?

I'm not saying that spending money to save people is bad...quite the contrary. Bush spent a ton of money in Africa to fight AIDS, and he is credited with saving one million lives in Africa. That's money well spent, in my opinion. If my taxes increase to save one million lives, great!

I'm not upset, in and of itself, that Obamacare will cost more. I'm upset that Obama said with a straight face that it would lower costs. Everyone not blinded by ideology knew that was wrong, and now we have a Himalayan mountain of evidence to prove it's wrong. Zimmy, I don't think even Obama is still claiming costs will go down. But you go on believing it, just because it makes him look good.