Thread: Trump vs Amazon
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So you're claiming the market gains the past 12 months are evidence of Trump's fiscal sophistication even though they're about to crash.

Good one.
See here's the difference between you and me. I ask you a question, you evade (you still haven't answered). You ask me a question, I respond directly. I can respond directly, because unlike some people, my opinions are a result of critical thinking, as opposed to blind, fanatical acceptance of one party's doctrine.

Many people, regardless of party, think a correction/recession is due. That is not necessarily a rejection of Trump's policies (though people like you will obviously spin it that way when it happens). Whoever won in 2016, was going to inherit an economy that was ripe for some pain. The tax overhaul instantly made companies more profitable, thus more valuable, thus perhaps postponing the correction.

It didn't matter whether Bernie Sanders won, or Ted Cruz, or someone in between. We are ripe for a correction. I would say the same exact thing, regardless of the party of the winner of the election. Your spin, depends entirely on the party of the POTUS, that tells you whether you give the POTUS credit or blame.