Thread: NFL
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 05:52 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Conservatives one loves throwing the Freedom word around and speaking on the constitution and and about their 2nd amendments rights .. and how Nazis should be allowed to protest its their right

But take a Knee during the national anthem Ohh the outrage ..

this has everything to do about race and nothing to do with the National Anthem Trump played that card at his rally to his base

Not sure how this is disrespect toward the Military another argument i see getting tossed around

My oath said I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic

Says nothing about defending the National anthem

Stop it legally put a clause in all of their contracts when on the field they are on the clock . do it and get fired make it a condition of employment For all the players .. for my Job I cant smoke on or off the job I am subject to termination if i do

i dont hear that argument any place
Freedom of speech, means the.government cannot imprison you for speaking against it. It doesn't come close to meaning that your employer has to tolerate it, especially if it hurts your employers bottom line.

I work for an insurance company. I have the right to write a letter to the paper explaining why the company stinks. I am breaking no laws, the government cannot punish me. My employer has the right to fire me in the next second, for hurting their brand, and that's not a violation of my civil rights. Try making that wrong..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device