View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #38
detbuch

QUOTE=PaulS;1046179]I think your comment took a lot more thought (as you certainly spent more time that I did on typing your response).

Thanks for amending your original "too much thought" to "a lot more thought." I plead guilty to that, but, as I said. it didn't take much thought, just more, as we both agree, than you gave.

I do thank God (capitalized ) that if someone does something as minor as vote differently than I do, I don't wish a miserable disease on them. I don't have the hatred you mention.

So, then, you do thank God. That may be important to you in a larger context, but of little significance to your post here--just an expression. A sort of general gratitude and pat on the back that you're better than someone else in some particular way.

But if you stretch your imagination a bit, expand your consciousness within the boundaries, expansive as they may be, of this thread, can you see how your post in which you thank God, and speak of voting, and the President in a thread about religious freedom before the Supreme Court . . . can you see how someone might wonder how your apparent belief in God would fit into our larger present day political scheme and how it would reconcile the problems of the ACA mandates and religious freedom? I thought it would be very interesting to hear what your thoughts are on all of this. Apparently, none of that interests you and was dismissed as too much thinking.

Am I getting into a typical detbuch poopoo now?

If you wish. It is fun, but a distraction from the flow of the thread--a sort of thread hijacking. I tried to bring your comments re Raider Ronnie into that flow in a meaningful way, but you apparently would have none of that, just, it seems, to insist on your reproof of RR.

Thanks for the backhanded insults.

I don't thank God, or anybody else, that I don't feel insulted when someone asks my opinion or says something truthful about me. Perhaps it's politically incorrect egotism on my part that I find back and forth discussions on political, religious, or personal philosophies and truthful comments about me as portions of personal growth and satisfaction--not stupid, closed-minded, made-up-minds arguments, but real and open dialogue.

Is it a wonder people ignore the vast majority of your posts. (how is that for "shaking off the chains of constraint")[/QUOTE]

YES!!!! A true and powerful blow to my unworthy ego (and no doubt backed by solid research and survey of all members). I bet that felt good! And it should. That's what nasty, snide remarks and insults are for. To make you feel good, or to have a little malicious fun (which also makes you feel good). But you are much nicer about it than those you chide. You don't use cuss words or wish miserable diseases . . . and no hatred . . .just mild, good natured, corrective abuse. But the motivation is the same.

By the way, your policing of what you consider classless or offensive comments would be more convincing if you applied it equally to all who make such comments, not just those who particularly irritate you (or are of a certain political persuasion). Otherwise it makes it seem that you have an agenda other than cleaning up the political forum.

And thanks for responding to my posts. Every time you do, it brings attention to some of my vast majority of posts which would otherwise go unnoticed.